Thanks to those for voting in this weeks poll! Here are the results:
- First Place: 50% Other (listed below)
- Second Place: 42% Monster
- Third Place: 8% CareerBuilder
- Fourth Place: 0% Yahoo! HotJobs
Job Search Websites Listed in other:
This survey fails to show it, but Monster and CareerBuilder are losing traffic to Yahoo! HotJobs. As reported by John Zappe, from June 2008 to June 2009, Monster and CareerBuilder have seen a smaller % in unique visitors to their job search websites than Yahoo! HotJobs. Maybe what’s most surprising is that CareerBuilder has actually experienced a -1% change from June 2008 to June 2009. Monster has grew 6% in unique visitors, while HotJobs is leading the big three websites with a 23% change.
Other search engines noted are Indeed, SnagAJob, and Simply Hired, Inc. In one year’s time Indeed has enjoyed a 59% increase in unique vistors. SnagAJob sits close with a 48% jump, and Simply Hired, Inc witnessed a 35% increase. While these three search engines are becoming more popular, the big three still lead in total monthly unique visitors. To read John Zappe’s entire article, click here.
Quickly, I’ll add in my comments:
- Utilize each of the Top 3 to your advantage. Post your resume to all, or skim through the openings on each one, just make sure your reaping the benefits free job searching. Many companies will only chose 1, possibly 2 of them to post their openings. If you are a religious Monster.com user than you may be missing out on CareerBuilder, or Yahoo!
- Start using websites that target your niche. Review my quick article on Niche job sites.
- Find a search engine that is exclusively for your location. For instance, you can go to www.phillyjobfest.com if you live in the Philadelphia area. Here is some quick information on Philly Job Fest.