Monster.com and Philly.com team up to create what they call the New Job Hob Nob. What’s wonderful about this event is it brings a networking feel to the career fair. Candidates and employers will casually meet, mingle, and match up. Walking up to a recruiter or manager sitting behind a desk can be somewhat intimidating to some, so this casual networking feel should be welcomed as well a studied by other career fair set ups in the future. Along with a link to the event website, please see a few of the important details I’ve outlined below:
- What: NEW JOB HOB NOB
- When: WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12, 2009 @ 5:30PM – 8:30PM
- Where: JACK’s FIREHOUSE, 2130 FAIRMOUNT AVENUE click here for directions
- What should recruiters know?
- Features a casual networking twist to career fairs. No booths. No lines. Talk, walk, and mingle with available professionals.
- New Job Hob Nob features 250 of Philadelphia’s brightest job seekers.
- Admission for 3 company representatives
- Download registration packet on website, deadline to register is at noon on Friday, August 7th
What should job seekers know?
- Casual networking feel to career fair. Say goodbye to long lines and awkward conversations through employer booths. Walk around and mingle with other job seekers as well as your targeted employers.
- Dress to impress, and bring tons of copies of that resume. (see my articles for resume help)
- Deadline to register is 5PM on Monday, August 10th. See website for registration information.
- Network! Talk to other job seekers, recruiters, and those working at the career fair and add them to your Linkedin contacts, seriously.